I know we’ve got Rickreall coming up in February, and I’ll get some information about that on the website too. But we got this in our email as well, so if you miss Rickreall or you’re just looking for some more radio goodness, consider going North in March.
The Mike & Key Electronics Show & Flea Market is one of the largest annual Amateur Radio events in the Pacific Northwest. It is held on the Washington State Fairgrounds during the first part of March, up to 3,000 Hams and non-Hams alike are drawn to a modern 40,000 square foot facility located on two floors of the Exhibition Hall with room for over 300 tables selling radios, computers, and general electronics equipment. Lots of radio and computer-related items are available for sale and/or trade.
There is an on-site snack bar and a consignment area.
License examinations are also given on-site.
V.E. Exam Sessions – Schedule Information:
- Date: Saturday, 10-Mar-2018 – Note: Schedule may be revised as the event approaches.
- Times: One session, Registration starts 10:00 AM.
- Limit of 35-40 examinees per session. First Come First Served. Line up along the wall outside the State Patrol building.
- Location: Puyallup Fair Grounds, Washington State Patrol Bldg, 1st floor, next to flea market building.
- Fee: $15 (covers 1 try at each exam element), No retests for failed elements within the same session. You do not need to pay for a flea market ticket if you are not attending the flea market. Just enter at the Gold Gate and say you are heading to the VE exams.
- Government Issued Photo ID Required. (Children should be accompanied by a parent with ID.) If you are upgrading your existing license you need to bring your original signed license document. If you are applying for CSCE credit, you will need to bring the original CSCE document.
- Examinees (and parents of child examinees) need to be aware that two of the forms that are submitted to the ARRL VEC and entered in the FCC database has the examinees FCC Registration Number (FRN) or social security number. So bring either of those with you. Current license holders can use the FRN number shown on their license. Examinees without an FRN can preregister at https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/
coresWeb/publicHome.doto get one.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with VE Exam questions.
See the 2018 Flea Flyer for more information.